Sunday, December 20, 2015

Family of Florida Boys Lost at Sea Work to Reduce Future Tragedies: 'Something Positive Is Going to Come Out of This'

My spouse was driving a truck to haul wheat to the elevator when he was a skinny little 10 year old. He drove tractor at 12, and every kid I knew was driving a car by themselves at 12. You are the one too dumb for kids; you must not have a clue about how to raise them with the slightest bit of independence, or knowledge about how machinery works. My father was working full time in a coal mine when he was 13, and playing with dynamite caps at 7. He was taught how to be careful, and how everything worked. He was never injured. I could slip in the tub tomorrow, and fracture my skull, in spite of that possibility, I still shower because it isn't likely. Same for these boys in their boat. Get real...

No comments: